Location — Bangalore, Karnataka
To empower the differently abled by providing quality education, and to promote overall development with the guiding principles of self-help, interaction, and involvement.
The academy runs an English-medium residential high school for girls; students are provided free education, lodging, and boarding, along with medical care. Through an integrated education program, differently abled children are integrated into mainstream society. The Academy has a fully equipped computer education center; classes in music and home science; sports and cultural meets; and regular counseling and guidance sessions for differently abled children.
No specific qualification or skill requirements. However, the intern should possess the following qualities.
- A passion to work with visually challenged children.
- Basic understanding of the needs of the visually challenged (the Academy will help sensitize the intern).
- Ability to adapt to situations.
- Help in improving communication skills of the students.
- Design a manual that outlines the approach used to improve communication skills.
Assist in designing print and Braille manuals on basic computer education.
- Prepare and motivate students to participate in dramatics, sports, and extra-curricular activities like handicrafts and arts.
- Sensitize students about cultures of different countries and prepare them to present or perform a skit on the topic.
- Provide support in administrative activities like creating effective presentations, reporting, web site development, and documentation.
Duration — 8-10 weeks
Deepa Academy for the Differently Abled
No. 226/A/3 Tank Bund Road, Subramanya Nagar
Contact — Murali C Sharma ([email protected])
E-mail — [email protected]
Phone — +91 80 23471268